Capital grants for sport
If you are an organisation looking to improve sports facilities and widen participation in Kent, you may be able to apply for a Capital Grant for Sport. The maximum amount of funding awarded is £10,000, though this is reserved only for projects of countywide strategic significance.
Information about other types of sports funding can be found on the Active Kent and Medway website.
All applicants must prove how their project will increase participation in sporting activities.
This grant can be used to:
- provide facilities for Kent communities, including specialist facilities, training centres and centres of excellence and performance
- provide specialist facilities or equipment for disabled people
- purchase new community "fixed" equipment (not personal equipment or ‘road’ vehicles)
- improve existing buildings and sites (including education sites), or convert redundant buildings
- lever funding from other organisations into key schemes in Kent, and demonstrate partnership.
To apply your organisation must:
- be located within the administrative boundary of Kent County Council
- be a voluntary sports club, school, governing body of sport or parish/town council
- not have started the project
- not be asking for 100% of the funding costs
- already have planning permission (if it's required).
Apply for a Capital Grant for Sport
Applications will be assessed by our Culture and Sport Group and Mike Hill (the Cabinet Member for Community and Regulatory Services) and we will let you know the outcome by the end of the month after the application is received.