School age parents
We can help you to stay in (or get back into) education, employment or training and we can give you support and advice if you are a:
- young woman who is pregnant or has a child
- young father (or a father-to-be)
- parent or a family member a of young women who is pregnant.
We can give you:
- details of Young Active Parents (YAPs) support groups close to you
- details of other local support groups for young parents.
We can also help other professionals and organisations who work with young parents in Kent.
Contact your local youth hub for more information.
National support for school age parents
As well as support from your local youth hub, you can get advice from:
- the NHS website provides useful information for:
- teenage parents, including how you can expect your school to help you handle taking time off during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- what happens before, during and after your pregnancy
- supporting a child with a special educational need and/or disability.
- Little Lullaby - online support for teenagers and parents-to-be
- Care to Learn - a national financial scheme which helps you pay for childcare while you study.