School age parents
So we can help young parents to stay in (or get back into) education, employment or training, we give support and advice to:
- young women who are pregnant or have a child
- young fathers (or fathers-to-be)
- parents and families of young women who are pregnant.
We can give you:
- details of Young Active Parents (YAPs) support groups close to you
- details of other local support groups for young parents.
We can also help other professionals and organisations who work with young parents in Kent.
National support for school age parents
As well as support from your local youth hub, you can get advice from:
- the NHS - useful information for teenage parents, including how you can expect your school to help you handle taking time off during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- Little Lullaby - online support for teenagers and parents-to-be
- Care to Learn - a national financial scheme which helps you pay for childcare while you study.