Specialist education and training providers

If you are over the age of 16 or 19, and have complex special educational needs (SEN) and an education, health and care (EHC) plan, you may be able to attend a post 16 or post 19 specialist education and training provider.

For more information you should contact them directly:

Post 16 to 25 providers

Post 19 to 25 providers


To apply you must have an EHC plan.

Your current education provider will hold a phase transfer review (annual review) with you. The review will take place when you are in year 10 and will look into your EHC plan.

As part of the review, it is important that you include your choice of specialist education or training provider. Once the review is submitted, we will speak with your chosen provider and others to see if they can support your needs. We will name and issue an amended final EHC plan by 31 March before you start in September.