NHS continuing healthcare

Some young people need extra help and support because they have a lot of difficulty with:

  • breathing
  • eating and drinking
  • taking medicine
  • moving about
  • memory and thinking.

If you are looking for additional support during your transition, you can contact your social worker, GP, nurse to request a referral to the NHS continuing healthcare.

The service will support you with your health needs, as well as helping your family. They will sit down with you and your family or support team, to discuss how they can help you against their checklist.

Support can be paid for through social services, with some young people getting additional support through a Personal Health Budget.

For more information about the NHS Continuing Health Care service you can read: