About the SEND local offer
A local offer is for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities aged 0 to 25 years. It provides information and support services available to families in their local area.
The name the 'local offer' is a term from the national government. In Kent we call our local offer the 'SEND information hub'.
Every local authority must:
- have an online local offer, and make sure alternative versions are available
- tell children, young people and families about the local offer
- talk with children, young people and families to find out what support they're looking for
- find services and activities in their area to support ages 0 to 25 years
- find services to support young people towards their independence to adulthood
- include transport services available and whether there are any charges.
Feedback about the local offer
Every local authority must get feedback about their local offer. They must show this feedback online and inform the public how they will make improvements.
Our community directory
Our community directory offers support groups, charities, activities and events. The directory receives updates weekly, and is checked to meet the needs of Kent residents.
For anyone who would like to advertise their details, register online today.
If you already have an account, sign up to update your record or reset your password.
Accessibility of the SEND information hub
Our website is available for everyone to read and understand. It is compatible with assistive technologies, and meets our accessibility standards.
Access to the internet support
If you know of someone who does not have access to the internet, they can use computer facilities at one our libraries.
At our libraries, we also ffer accessible library services and facilities.