About the SEND local offer
What is a local offer?
A local offer is for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25 years. It provides information and support services available to families in their local area.
'Local offer' is a term from the national government, we call our local offer the 'SEND information hub'.
Information on the local offer
Every local authority must:
- have an online local offer, and make sure alternative versions are available
- tell children, young people and families about the local offer
- talk with children, young people and families to find out what support they're looking for
- find services and activities in their area to support ages 0 to 25 years
- find services to support young people towards their independence to adulthood
- include transport services available and whether there are any charges.
We also understand that the language of special educational needs can be difficult to understand, we try and explain any terms as we use them to help you.
Here's a jargon buster that IASK put together so you can see all the common terms and abbreviations you might come across.
Feedback about the local offer
Every local authority must get feedback about their local offer. They must show this feedback online and inform the public how they will make improvements.
Our community directory
In our community directory you'll find support groups, charities, activities, and events. We update it weekly, and we make sure it meets your needs.
For anyone who would like to advertise their details, register online today. If you already have an account, sign up to update your record or reset your password.
Accessibility of the SEND information hub
We've made our website easy to read and understand, compatible with assistive technologies, and accessible.
My Computer My Way is a guide to the accessibility features built into whichever device you are using.
Access to the internet support
If you know of someone who does not have access to the internet, they can use computer facilities at one our libraries.
At our libraries, we also offer accessible library services and facilities.