Your KCC 16+ Travel Saver

Share the fare with Kent County Council and save up to 50% off the cost of bus travel

If you will be using public transport, mini buses, taxis or coaches to get to school or college watch our video and read our guidance about how to travel to school safely.

The KCC 16+ Travel Saver can be used from when you receive it until 31 August 2023.

The KCC 16+ Travel Saver is valid at any time of the day and on any day of the year, including evenings, weekends and school holidays. There are no restrictions on the number of journeys that you can make.

Lost, stolen, damaged and found passes

You can order a replacement online if your pass has been lost, stolen or damaged.  All you will need is your child’s details and a credit or debit card to pay the £10 replacement fee.

Order a replacement

Please note that you can have 3 replacement passes per school year.

Let us know if you have found a bus pass:

Bus routes

Each local bus company provides timetables for their services, or visit the 11-19 travel website to:

  • plan your bus and train journey using an address, postcode, point of interest, town or village
  • view timetables.

View the list of participating operators (PDF, 198.2 KB)

Outside of Kent: you can use your pass to travel to counties bordering Kent if the journey starts or ends in Kent. You cannot use it on London buses.

Medway: you can use your pass if your journey starts or ends within the Kent County Council administrative area, but you cannot use your pass to make journeys from one Medway point to another Medway point.

Behaviour of pass holders

At all times pass holders are expected to follow:

If you do not, your pass may be taken away or you may even be banned from travelling on certain buses. Read the KCC Travel Saver terms and conditions.

If a KCC 16+ Travel Saver is used fraudulently it will be withdrawn and people who make or allow fraudulent travel will be banned from the scheme.

Passes will also be confiscated immediately if the pass holder lives outside Kent and no refund will be offered.

Problems and complaints with bus services

We do not have overall control over bus services or bus operators.

The KCC 16+ Travel Saver does not entitle any student to travel on a particular service, does not guarantee space on any vehicle and cannot be accountable for problems with the vehicle reliability.

Problems regarding the bus services should be directed to the relevant bus operator.

However, you can let us know of any general issues experienced by using our online feedback form. We use this information to spot problem areas in our regular discussions with bus operators.