Making a career decision is the first step. Your next step is making the right impression with your potential employers or learning providers.
For young people with special educational needs and disabilities, visit our SEND information hub for specific advice to support your needs.
Choosing a career
- Always remember to ask your school or college staff for help with careers advice
- Visit your local Kent youth hub for support and advice, many run careers advice events
- Read the advice available from National Careers Service try their online tools, or contact one of their advisors
- Try the Fast Tomato questionnaire (your school may have given you a login: if not, you can use the trial login) or the buzz test in iCould to give you some ideas.
- Watch the careers videos in Careersbox to research your ideas.
Writing CVs and applications
The University of Kent CV advice page contains detailed and useful advice about writing and submitting your CV or application form and covering letter.
The University of Kent CV interview skills page contains detailed and useful advice about:
- preparing for interviews
- understanding potential interview questions
- presenting yourself (when to arrive, what to wear)
- asking questions of your potential employer