SHIFT EU funding
Value of EU Grant - £2.5 million
Name of funding programme - Interreg 2 Seas Mers Zeeen SHIFT Programme
Start and end dates - March 2019 to March 2022
The SHIFT programme involves 11 organisations from the UK, The Netherlands, France and Belgium.
The project will engage with those over 45 years of age, developing a tailored sexual health and wellbeing model.
This will involve the development of 2 sexual health and wellbeing training programmes for sexual health professionals and for the wider workforce. Improving both awareness and confidence in addressing the subject with these groups. SHIFT will create a network of links with organisations who work directly with the vulnerable groups to help get people engaged and talking, so they know how to and can access services and look after their sexual health into middle age, and beyond.
- Health in Europe
- Kent Community Healthcare Foundation Trust (United Kingdom)
- METRO charity (United Kingdom)
- University of Chichester (United Kingdom)
- Kent County Council (United Kingdom)
- Medway Council (United Kingdom)
- East Sussex County Council (United Kingdom)
- STI AIDS Netherlands (The Netherlands)
- Antwerp University College of Applied Sciences (Belgium)
- Odisee University College (Belgium)
- Health Info Solidarity - Animation
To increase the development of social innovation applications in order to make more efficient and effective local services to address the key societal challenges in the 2 Seas area.
To empower people aged over 45 to participate in sexual health services and improve their sexual health and wellbeing, with an additional and specifically adapted focus on socio-economically disadvantaged groups across the 2Seas area. The empowerment will avoid assumption by using insight gathering and testing existing evidence.