Providing Access to Childcare and Employment (PACE)
Value of EU Grant - £275,191
Name of funding programme - Interreg 5A 2 Seas Programme
Start and end dates - October 2016 to September 2020
Providing Access to Childcare and Employment (PACE) will provide help to unemployed parents into work by improving access to childcare. The project will explore ways to use childcare to support parents into learning, volunteering and employment opportunities.
The partners we are working with are:
- Wattrelos Association of Community Centres (France)
- Karel de Grote University College (Belgium)
- Artevelde University College Ghent (Belgium)
- Cluster of Social Services Centres in Saint Martin Boulogne (France)
- Community Center 'De Mussen' (Netherlands)
- City of Ghent (Belgium)
- Brighton and Hove LA (UK)
- Stad Turnhout (Belgium)
- The Education People (UK)
- enhance access to childcare
- test new routes into employment by accessing childcare
- having the legal and organisational preconditions/framework adjusted to make possible the upscaling of the innovative model in the field of childcare.
- increase in number of families taking up Free for 2 childcare places
- increase the number of unemployed parents gaining employment.