BLUEPRINT (Blueprint to a Circular Economy)
Value of EU Grant - €350,113.00
Name of funding programme - Interreg Channel Programme
Start and end dates - April 2020 to June 2023.
BLUEPRINT aims to initiate the new policies, strategies and approaches required by local authorities to unlock sustainable and inclusive growth opportunities through the transition to a circular economy.
It will upskill 18 social enterprises to train 2000 disadvantaged individuals with the skills they require to secure new jobs linked to circular economy growth (increased recycling, reverse logistics and secondary markets).
- Anglia Ruskin University (UK)
- EcoWise Ekodenge Limited (UK)
- ESITC Caen (France)
- Essex County Council (UK)
- Institut polytechnique UniLaSalle (France)
- Kent County Council (UK)
- Morlaix Communauté (France)
- NEOMA BS (France)
- Peterborough Environment City Trust (UK)
- Université de Picardie Jules Verne (France).
The aims and objectives of BLUEPRINT are to have:
- the co-creation of a new model for local authorities which will enable them to initiate the necessary policies, strategies and approaches to combine social innovation with the transition to a circular economy.
- the creation of a new local authority management, monitoring and evaluation framework service. This will enable local authorities to manage and evaluate their performance based around initiating the BLUEPRINT model.
- a social enterprise training scheme resulting in a new social innovation service allowing 18 social enterprises to help disadvantaged people to secure work in the circular economy and waste management sector.
- 30 Local Authorities implementing the new BLUEPRINT model
- 2,000 disadvantaged individuals with improved skills to secure jobs
- 110 social enterprises trained/upskilled
- 78,000 individuals shifting behaviour to support growth of circular economy.