Marriage and civil partnership certificates
You may need a copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate to prove your marital status.
- changing your legal name
- proving your identity
- updating your passport, drivers licence, utility bills
- taxation purposes
- lost marriage certificates.
What we need from you
- the date of the marriage or civil partnership
- where the marriage or civil partnership happened, including the name of the building or church
- the full names of both people, including any previous family names
- purpose of your request to purchase additional certificates
- how many you require
- whether you require an extract or full civil partnership certificate.
How to apply
- Apply online.
- Call 03000 419 300 - open 9am to 4:45pm Monday to Friday (open from 10am on Thursdays).
- To apply by post, download an application form and return it to: The Certificate Centre, Kent County Council, Births, Deaths, Marriages and Partnerships, 39 Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1EP. (The below documents are not accessible to those using assistive technology)