Kent community safety agreement
Working together for a safer Kent
Our agreement sets out how we will work together with all our partners to address the key community safety priorities for Kent.
Law enforcement will always play a major part in community safety, but we believe that a lot can be done to prevent problems before they happen by addressing the root causes. We put a great deal of effort into:
- supporting vulnerable people and their families
- tackling issues of substance misuse
- improving road safety
- improving security of people's homes.
Community safety can be improved by:
- creating stronger communities
- helping people become active citizens
- improving personal responsibility in the community.
Our agreement aims to address the needs of local communities but will also help to meet the objectives set out in the Government paper, 'A new approach to fighting crime'.