Closures, restrictions and permits on rights of way
Some byways are only open to certain types of vehicles or at certain times of the day or year. We can also close public rights of way temporarily if you need to carry out work on or next to one.
Apply for a temporary closure
If you need to close a public right of way temporarily to carry out work on it or next to it you can either:
- call us on 03000 41 11 01
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
- view temporary closures and restrictions on our interactive map. Paths that are currently closed are shown in red, when the public rights of way layer is switched on.
- find out about the Richborough to Canterbury connection closure.
- you can download the list of permanent traffic regulation orders (PDF, 7.4 MB).
You need a permit to use a car, motorbike or horse drawn vehicle on the following rights of way:
- KH94 Bredhurst
- KH219 Lenham
- MR45A Snodland
- NS245 and NS221, Luddesdown
- RS221 and Chapel Lane (part) Halling (experimental order).
We will process your application within 2 weeks.