Sevenoaks Museum is part of Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope (library, museum and art gallery). The museum has the same opening hours as the library and has something for everyone:
- crafts, quizzes and activity sheets for children
- a film about the town's history or our current exhibition
- exhibitions (which change on a regular basis)
- displays of local interest (eg. hop-picking, World War 2, cricket)
- objects to handle with Braille labels
- an oral history telephone to listen to a blacksmith, a brewer and a veterinary assistant
- a programme of events and activities.
Bring your class
Schools visits are welcome. Please contact the Curator to discuss the needs of a particular class. We have objects that children can handle and activity sheets for trails and observation in the museum.
Study our objects
We have about 3,000 objects, both on display and in our store. These include:
- local archaeology and fossils
- World War 1 and 2 artefacts
- local photographs and paintings
- tools of the blacksmith's, printer's, tailor's and other trades
- and more.
You are welcome to book an appointment by calling 03000 41 31 31 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see and handle these.