Sevenoaks Museum is part of Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope (library, museum and art gallery). Our exhibits and activities include:
- a programme of events and activities.
- a film about the town's history or our current exhibition
- crafts, quizzes and activity sheets for children
- displays of local interest (eg. hop-picking, World War 2, cricket)
- objects to handle with Braille labels
- oral history telephone to listen to a blacksmith, a brewer and a veterinary assistant
- regular exhibitions
The museum has the same opening hours as the library.
Bring your class
Schools visits are welcome. Please contact the curator to discuss the your needs. We have objects that children can handle and activity sheets for trails and observation in the museum.
Study our objects
We have about 3,000 objects, both on display and in our store. These include:
- local archaeology and fossils
- World War 1 and 2 artefacts
- local photographs and paintings
- tools of the blacksmith's, printer's, tailor's and other trade.
You are welcome to book an appointment by calling 03000 41 31 31 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.