We work with schools and educational settings to help children, staff and parents to understand online risks and how to manage them.
The Kent Online Safety Group provides guidance and assistance for those within educational settings.
Kent Trading Standards have also produced a leaflet to help you keep your children safe online (PDF, 221.6 KB).
We recommend the nationally-acclaimed ThinkUKnow website which has information for children, teenagers, parents and teachers. You can report illegal or inappropriate online behaviour through the 'Report abuse' button.
Other useful websites
There's a lot of advice available about internet safety:
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) - use the report abuse button for advice and to report online abuse such as grooming
- Childnet International - a non-profit organisation working with others to help make the internet a great and safe place for children
- Digital parenting resources - helping parents help their children manage their digital world, including digital parenting magazine
- Get safe online - practical advice on how to protect yourself, your computers and mobile devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and other problems encountered online
- Internet Matters - an independent, not-for-profit organisation to help parents keep their children safe online
- Kent Police online safety - outlining how to be safe using online social media platforms
- Internet Watch Foundation - report illegal content online
- Parenting in the Digital Age (PitDA) - a new programme to help parents apply their parenting skills to the online world
- Parent Port - run by the UK's media regulators to set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material
- NSPCC online safety - helpful advice and tools you can use to keep your children safe online
- Net aware - NSPCC and O2 have joined forces to provide you detailed advice as to all social media platforms
- UK Safer Internet Centre - tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.