Local account for adult social care
Here for you - how did we do?
The Local Account for Kent Adult Social Care, 'Here for you, how did we do?' describes the achievements, improvements and challenges faced by Adult Social Care and our vision for the future. It is an important way in which people can challenge and hold us to account.
This is the fifth year that it has been developed in partnership with people who use our services, their carers, voluntary organisations and service providers as well as members, district councils and staff.
In 2015-16, we have strived to:
- keep vulnerable adults safe
- support you to live independently in your own home
- increase investment in enablement services and telecare provision to enable people to regain their independence and remain at home
- reduce the number of permanent admissions to residential care
- support more people through a person centred process and to receive a personal budget
- support more people with a learning disability into employment
- use surveys and other feedback to look at what we are doing well and what needs improving
- work with Health to plan and provide joint services.
Your feedback remains important to us. If you have any questions regarding the data or content of the report, you can submit your comments.
If you have not had the opportunity to contribute to the Local Account or have been involved in the past and would like to continue to help us shape how the Local Account looks and what it includes going forward, please email us at email@example.com letting us know how you would like to be involved.