Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board
The Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) is a statutory service which exists to make sure that all member agencies (PDF, 24.9 KB)are working together to help keep Kent and Medway's adults safe from harm and protect their rights.
It is chaired by an Independent Chair (Deborah Stuart Angus) and meets 4 times a year.
The board's work is carried out by the following working groups:
- Quality Assurance Working Group (QAWG)
- Learning and Development Working Group (L&DWG)
- Policy, Protocols and Guidance Working Group (PPGWG)
- It must publish a Strategic Plan (PDF, 113.5 KB) for each financial year that sets out how it will meet its main objective and what the members will do to achieve this. The plan must be developed with local community involvement, and the board must consult the local Healthwatch organisation. The plan should be evidence based and make use of all available evidence and intelligence from partners to form and develop its plan. Read the board's annual plan for 2017-2018 (PDF, 313.7 KB).
- It must publish an Annual Report (PDF, 1.9 MB) detailing what the board has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its Strategic Plan, and what each member has done to implement the strategy as well as detailing the findings of any Safeguarding Adults Reviews and subsequent action.
- It must conduct any Safeguarding Adults Review in accordance with Section 44 of the Care Act.
As well as the core duties, the board has other set responsibilities, principles and values (PDF, 30.9 KB).
Terms of reference
Read the terms of reference for the Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board (PDF, 110.2 KB) and for the working groups: