Winter advice for social care and health professionals
Who is at risk
Some people are especially at risk during cold weather, including:
- older people
- children under the age of 5
- people with chronic or severe illness.
You can find more information about at risk groups in the Cold Weather Plan for England (PDF, 1.4MB).
This year, COVID-19 is likely to amplify the risks of cold weather. Public Health England has produced an information pack which provides more information about the cold weather health risks.
We have a responsibility to prepare for, alert people to, and prevent health problems caused by cold weather in Kent. We provide information about winter health and winter services to the public and for social care and health professionals in Kent.
Our social care and health professionals and care home managers and staff will:
- identify people they care for who are at high risk
- make plans to support them
- make changes to working arrangements and facilities to reduce the risk
- check on them regularly if cold weather is forecast.
Find out more about how we plan for emergencies, including cold weather.
Your role in protecting at risk groups