Every winter cold and flu bugs - including Covid-19 - circulate that can make us feel unwell.
By taking small steps to stay safe, we also help to look after our key workers so that crucial services can continue to run throughout the winter.
There are 3 main ways you can stay well and protect yourself and your loved ones this winter.
- Regularly wash and sanitise your hands.
- Wear masks or face coverings indoors and in crowded spaces. Remember, under current government guidelines, you must wear a mask in shops and on public transport.
- If you’re meeting in groups, it’s safer outside. Open doors and windows indoors.
- Take regular lateral flow tests, especially before you visit medical settings or attend public events. Find out how to order lateral flow tests.
- You may need to take a PCR test if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have been advised to by your local authority, GP or other medical practitioner. Find out when and how to book PCR tests.
- Remember to get your flu and Covid-19 vaccines and the Covid-19 booster jab. Find out more about how and when to book flu vaccinations and Covid-19 vaccines.
Find out more and stay up to date
To keep up to date with the latest winter health messages follow us on:
You can also use the links below to find out more about staying safe, warm and well in the colder months.