Urgent financial help and extra support

If you are in a crisis situation or need urgent help, we may be able to offer some assistance. You will have to apply and meet the eligibility criteria to get vouchers or assistance.

Household Support Fund

Funded by the UK government, the Household Support Fund scheme supports vulnerable Kent households in need of help with significantly rising living costs.

We will be using £2.6 million of the latest round of funding to provide eligible families with support towards energy bills. Details will be announced soon.

Sign up to our residents e-newsletter for updates on the Household Support Fund energy vouchers as well as information on other Kent County Council services and initiatives

Sign up to our e-newsletter to keep in touch

Home essentials in a crisis

The Kent Support and Assistance Service (KSAS) is our emergency welfare service and may be able to help you if you have experienced an unforeseen, short-term crisis or if you are facing exceptional pressures because of an emergency.

We offer our help for a short time only if you have no other means of support, and if all other avenues of support have been exhausted. We do not provide money but support with essential items, like food, and help with utilities.

Find out about our Kent Support and Assistance Service