Visiting a Household Waste Recycling Centre
To visit one of our household waste recycling centres (HWRC) you must book a slot in advance.
Following a public consultation held last year, and a debate at the Environment and Transport Cabinet Committee, the Cabinet Member for Environment has taken the decision to keep the booking system on a permanent basis.
For kerbside collection information contact your local borough or district council.
Read our frequently asked questions (PDF, 107.6 KB) for more information about our restrictions.
Book your slot
To visit you must book a slot using our online booking form.
You can book up to 1 month in advance. If you cannot book a slot for the time you want, please keep trying. New slots are added each day and as bookings are cancelled availability may change.
‘On the day’ booking is available at all our sites.
If you cannot book a slot online, please call 03000 41 73 73. You should only call if you cannot access the online booking system.
Visit the Medway Council website to book a slot at Capstone, Cuxton or Hoath Way.
Once booked, you will receive a reference number via email which you must use when visiting the centre.
To find out how we'll use the information you provide, please read our privacy notice.
Cancel or rearrange your slot
If you need to cancel or rearrange your slot, please select the cancellation link found at the bottom of your booking confirmation email.
Please cancel any booking(s) that are no longer required, this will free up the slots for others to visit.
If you have repeated unused bookings, you may be restricted in the future.
Visiting the centre
Before your visit, please make sure:
- you take confirmation of your booking with you, either displayed on a smartphone, printed or a handwritten note of your booking reference. Each booking entitles you to one visit
- if you drive a restricted vehicle (for example a van or pick-up truck), you must bring a valid vehicle voucher with you
- you're aware that all HWRCs have a 2m (6’ 6”) height barrier
- you're aware there may be occasions where you are asked to wait whilst operations are carried out on site – your booking is still valid, so please be patient
- you display your Dartford permit or have proof of Kent residency if visiting Dartford Household Waste Recycling Centre. Non-Kent residents (for example Bexley residents) will be charged £10 per visit on arrival.
- you arrive within your booking time slot (sites may be slightly busier at the beginning of each time slot)
- you are familiar with our operating policies.
All materials usually accepted at your local centre will be accepted.
COVID-19 affected waste
If you are disposing of waste contaminated or potentially contaminated with COVID-19, please:
- double bag the material
- store the bag securely for 72 hours.
You must follow the above before bringing this waste to the centre or putting it out for kerbside collection.
Terms and conditions
When visiting, residents must note that:
- abusive behaviour towards staff or other customers will not be tolerated and you could be banned
- centre rules must be adhered to
- those who do not comply may be asked to leave and may be banned
- the centre may have to close temporarily or for longer periods with no warning if required
- security measures will be in place at the sites and body worn cameras will be used as required to ensure customers and staff safety
- any flytipped items left outside centre entrances or access roads is a crime. If you wish to report any flytipping, please report this online.
Find out how you can recycle some of your household waste recycling products.