Apply for a KCC Travel Saver
You can apply up until 31 May 2021. The cost of the pass remains the same so the earlier you apply the more monthly instalments you can spread the cost over, and the longer you can use it for.
All applications must be made online, except for if you are applying for a sibling pass.
Travel Saver applications and COVID-19
We still want to help parents with the cost if your child needs to travel by bus. Before you apply there are some things you should think about.
- Current government advice is to avoid public transport, so we are urging parents to use alternative transport where possible.
- If children live close to the school they should walk or cycle, for those that live further away they should consider getting a lift.
- How any changes to school times and social distancing on buses might affect use of the pass.
- If you are traveling less frequently, you might not save as much as usual and you might want to consider getting bus tickets from the operator.
If you are going to be travelling regularly then apply for the pass and let us help you with the cost.
Update on part year passes
We understand that it has been a difficult decision to make about applying for a Travel Saver pass this year.
We have said if government guidance changes, and there are less restrictions on bus travel, we will consider making a part year pass available later on in the year at a cost that reflects the shorter time you would use it for.
At this point, advice remains to avoid public transport where possible. While buses are working well and there is space for current passengers, some services are very busy. Therefore we don’t think it would be right to make this offer and risk causing capacity problems for children already using buses.
If the government guidance changes, making a part year pass does remain an option. In the meantime, parents can buy tickets from the operator or make different transport arrangements.
Apply or renew online
To apply or renew online you need:
- a laptop, desktop or Mac computer (mobile devices and tablets are not supported)
- a credit or debit card, or your bank details to set up a Direct Debit. The process is fully online, so you won't need to print or sign a copy of the form.
New applications require a passport photo which is:
- saved as a JPEG
- no larger than 40KB
- 96 by 134 pixels minimum, 132 by 169 pixels maximum.
Use the online resizing tool to help in your application.
Before you apply, please read through our terms and conditions (PDF, 99.5 KB).
If you are a carer, young person in care or a care leaver and are eligible for a free pass please apply below:
If you have a KCC Travel Saver, use the current pass number and get a new one. Renew if you have:
- the pass number of your child's current KCC Travel Saver
- access to the email address you used to register
- not changed school, moved house or changed your email address.
Before you renew online, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any change of details.
- Tell us if you have moved house, your child has changed school in the last academic year or you need to update your name or email address.
If you're eligible for a free pass, (carers, young people in care and care leavers), you will not be able to renew until week commencing 27 July as we need to make some changes to our online system.
If you are a carer, young person in care or a care leaver and are eligible for a free pass please renew below:
Your KCC Travel Saver should be ready to collect on the first day of term if you apply by 9 August 2020.
If you need help applying online read the guide to applying online (PDF, 326.3 KB).
Apply for sibling pass (for households with 3 or more children)
To apply for a sibling pass, for households with 3 or more children, you can only apply by post.
- Email email@example.com for an application form.
- Return the completed form and payment or the Direct Debit form to pay in instalments.
If you apply after 9 August 2020 you may need to wait up to 28 working days for us to send the pass to your child's school, and it may not be ready to collect at the start of term.
We don't refund fares your child pays whilst waiting for their pass to arrive or provide letters or emails that they can show the driver.