Primary school places
Applications are open. Apply by Monday 15 January 2024.
You must apply for a primary school place if:
- your child is due to start primary or infant school (reception year)
- your child is at infant school (year 2) and is due to start junior school (year 3)
- your child is at primary school (year 2) and you want your child to move to junior school at the start of year 3
What to do
Applications for transfer to primary school for both reception year and year 3 (junior school) in September 2024 opened on Friday 3 November 2023 and close on Monday 15 January 2024.
To help you choose the schools to include in your application:
- read our advice about choosing a school
- get information about open days from the school's website or contact the school
- read our guide to primary admissions 2024 booklet (PDF, 3.3 MB).
Applications for 2024
For children starting school in September 2024 applications for both reception year and year 3 (junior school) opened on Friday 3 November 2023.
You can apply for up to 3 schools.
- Put the schools in the order of preference.
- It’s in your best interest to list 3 schools.
- Naming only one school does not guarantee your child a place at that school or give priority for a place over another child.
- You are not able to name the same school more than once.
To apply to a school outside of Kent, name the school in your application with your other preferences. Your application details will be passed on to the relevant local authority for processing.
Applications are processed between 6 November 2023 and 16 April 2024.
To apply for a primary (year R) or junior (year 3) place complete our online application form.
Please read our admissions privacy notice before you apply for a school place.
If you are unable to apply online email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Summer born children
If your child was born between 1 April and 31 August and you want them to defer starting school until the next academic year, to find out more about this please read our information about summer born children.
Special educational needs and disabilities children
Most children with special educational needs and disabilities can attend mainstream schools, whether or not they have an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
If your child has an EHC plan, then their school placement will be arranged via the SEN Team.
Some schools may need you to complete an additional form called a Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
Please contact the school(s) to obtain the form(s) and once completed return directly to the school(s).
There are no new free schools opening in 2024.
If you provided an email address on your application we will email you on Tuesday 16 April 2024 after 4pm to tell you which school you have been offered.
You can also log in from 5pm on Tuesday 16 April 2024 to view your offer online.
Offer emails will be sent to the email address provided on your application.
We cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, this will depend on your email service provider.
Due to data protection restrictions we cannot send the offer to an alternate address without authorisation from the original email account. If you have changed email address please ensure you can still access the original one so you can receive your offer, or you can view your offer online.
If you need to reset your password you must use the email address you registered with.
For advice email email@example.com.