Apply for copies of a death certificate or search for death certificates online.
You can apply online, by phone, by post or in person. We'll post your certificate/s within 10 working days. Certificates can't be emailed or collected in person.
You can order certificates online for deaths registered in Kent and Bexley and we will post them to you.
Apply by phone
Call Kent Libraries, Registration and Archives on 03000 41 93 00 and ask for the Certificate Centre.
The centre is open 9am to 4:45pm Monday to Saturday (Thursday 10am to 4:45pm only).
Apply by post
Download an application form (PDF, 775.3 KB).
Post a completed application form to:
The Certificate Centre, Kent County Council, Births, Deaths, Marriages and Partnerships, 39 Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1EP.
Apply in person
You can apply in person by visiting the Mansion House Certificate Centre in Tunbridge Wells:
Grove Hill Road,Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1EP.
You should make an appointment by calling the Certificate Centre on 03000 41 93 00.
You need to pay for your certificate/s before we can process your application. Payments can be made by:
- cheque, made payable to Kent County Council
- debit of credit card. Please apply by phone or in person.
Search in indexes
- General search: £18
- Issued on the day of registration: £4
- Issued after the registration from a complete register: £10
- Express service for certificates issued the next working day following receipt of an application: £27
- Handling fee: £1
If you don't know the required information to complete the application you can:
- use our online search tool to search for a death certificate
- visit the Certificate Centre: Grove Hill Road,Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1EP to search birth entries held there. You must make an appointment before visiting. You can call the Certificate Centre to book an appointment on 03000 41 93 00. There is a fee to view the information in a certificate
- visit The British Library which provides free public access to the General Register Office (GRO) in microfiche format. A full set of the entries can also be found at Birmingham Central Library, Bridgend Reference Library, City of Westminster Archives Centre, Manchester City Library, Newcastle City Library and Plymouth Central Library. It is not possible to buy a birth certificate from these locations.