Domestic abuse strategy
Helping people live free from abuse
The domestic abuse strategy has been written to help partnerships and agencies deliver appropriate responses to people affected by domestic abuse in Kent and Medway. We want to help people live free from abuse. By working together more effectively we can pool our resources and improve our response to domestic abuse.
Our aims are to:
- set out a vision for effectively addressing the issue of domestic violence in our counties and the steps that we'll take to achieve the vision, both individually and as multi-agencies
- identify and prioritise gaps in our current service delivery as well as continuing to promote and embed our effective initiatives
- encourage all agencies and partnerships to work towards the highest standards
- use all the resources we currently have effectively and get additional resources where we can
- continue to strengthen services that help survivors of domestic violence
- develop short-term and long-term preventative initiatives
- gather and share information on best practice, new developments, policies, legislation, events and reports.
Domestic abuse strategy consultation
The consultation closed on 30 September 2019, you can still find more about the consultation and read the consultation documents.