The governing body has a range of duties and powers, and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. This includes:
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- managing the school's finances
- making sure the curriculum is balanced
- appointing senior staff
- reviewing staff performance and pay
- deciding how, in strategic terms, the school should be run.
Support for governors and clerks
We provide information, support and advice to governors, headteachers and clerks across Kent.
Read the latest issue of The Governor magazine.