The governing body has a range of duties and powers, and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. This includes:
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- managing the school's finances
- making sure the curriculum is balanced
- appointing senior staff
- reviewing staff performance and pay
- deciding how, in strategic terms, the school should be run.
Support for governors and clerks
We provide information, support and advice to governors, headteachers and clerks across Kent.