Locations and planning your visit
We have a number of centres that include an outdoor classroom, cafe and toilet facilities.
Sandling Road, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4HL
A couple of miles from the M20 and the stunning south-east coastline, Brockhill features a teeming lake and stream, marshland, meandering meadows and open grassland; a great place to explore and learn.
Castle Road, Eynsford, Kent, DA4 0JF
A short trip from the M25, the park is home to more than 300 veteran trees (some over 800 years-old!), a stunning range of wild flowers, meadows, a river and pond.
Brewers Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 3HX
Just five minutes from the A2, in North Kent, is our flagship park: 291 acres of stunning ancient woodland and open grassland. The award-winning visitor centre is an excellent example of sustainable construction.
Waterlow Road, Vigo Village, Meopham, Kent, DA13 0SG
Within easy reach of the M20, Trosley is classified as a Site of Special Scientific Interest. The park is home to a rich variety of wildlife and a mixture of woodland and open grassland slopes.
Our outdoor learning team will work with you to make the most of your outdoor space.
Take your students outside for your own private space, set amongst the natural beauty of the country park.
For schools, this space can be hired 7 days a week from 1 April to 30 September, between the following times: 10am – 12.30pm or 1pm – 3.30pm.
What we offer
Bring your students to the great outdoors, complete with a fire pit to keep you all toasty! Hire includes one bag of logs and kindling (if required). Additional logs can be bought on site by prior arrangement.
You’ll need to provide the following 14 days before your hire date:
- copy of a qualification certificate for your nominated First Aider
- copy of training certificate for your nominated, qualified Fire Marshall if you wish to use the fire pit
- risk Assessment for the event/activity
- copy of your Public Liability Insurance certificate
The cost of booking is £65 per half day hire period, where you can book up to a maximum of 40 attendees.
A pre-visit with an education ranger is free if you have booked a trip to the park. You can arrange this by calling 03000 413500.
Health and safety
There must be an adequate number of adults to supervise the children. The ratio for primary schools is 1 adult to every 6 children. For younger children it is more, but should be the same ratio that applies to the setting.
All activities are risk assessed. We recommend that you also visit the site to carry out your own risk assessment. Download our risk assessments below:
- complete the Brockhill Country Park site specific risk assessment (PDF, 49.7 KB)
- complete the Brockhill Country Park Pond Pioneers (stream) risk assessment
- complete the Lullingstone Country Park River Rangers risk assessment (PDF, 47.9 KB)
- complete the Lullingstone Country Park site specific risk assessment (PDF, 46.7 KB)
- complete the Shorne Woods Country Park site specific risk assessment (PDF, 178.0 KB)
- complete the Shorne Woods Country Park sustainability risk assessment (PDF, 144.3 KB)
- complete the Love Literacy risk assessment (PDF, 50.0 KB)
- complete the Investigate the Water Cycle risk assessment (PDF, 40.3 KB)
- complete the Maths Naturally risk assessment (PDF, 49.2 KB)
- complete the Early Settlers risk assessment (PDF, 43.4 KB)
- complete the team building games risk assessment (PDF, 47.4 KB)
What to bring
All children need to wear outdoor clothing and footwear and bring a packed lunch. We will provide all equipment for activities.
Coach parking is included as part of your visit and must be requested at the time of your booking, with the exception of Trosley Country Park as there is no facility to park coaches and is drop off only.
Free parking is provided for up to two vehicles excluding coaches. Vehicle registration details must be provided on arrival, to the Country Parks member of staff leading your visit to avoid any parking charge. If other members of the party are parking rather than dropping off/ picking up then normal pay and display parking charges apply. Please ask your guests to read the notices on site. Up to 15 minutes is allowed for drop off and pick up free of charge
Start and finish times
A normal visit day runs from 10am until 2:30pm. However, we are flexible on these times as some schools will need to leave before 2:30pm and will need to start before 10am.