About the windmill
Meopham Windmill was built circa 1820. It is one of a handful of six-sided smock mills in the UK, eight being the usual number. The mill’s black smock tower stands on a brick base of two storeys. The mill stands preserved with all its milling machinery including three pairs of millstones.
We have owned and maintained the Grade II* listed mill since 1958. It is managed by the Meopham Windmill Trust.
The building adjoining the base of the mill functions as the office of Meopham Parish Council. The hexagonal base of the windmill forms a very unusual council chamber, possibly the only one of its kind in the country.
Visit the mill
Address: South Street, Meopham Green, Meopham DA13 0QA
Opening times: the windmill is closed to the public. However it is open on:
- 8 May, 1:30pm to 4:30pm for VE Day
- 9 and 10 May, 1:30pm to 4:30pm for National Windmills weekend.
For details about special events or to find out more about the mill visit the Meopham Windmill website.
Admissions: admission is free, whilst donations are welcome.
- There are no toilet facilities on site.
- There is no parking.
For more information about the mill you can:
Call us: 01474 813779