Closures, restrictions and permits on rights of way
Some byways are only open to certain types of vehicles or at certain times of the day or year. We can also close public rights of way temporarily if you need to carry out work on or next to one.
Apply for a temporary closure
If you need to close a public right of way temporarily to carry out work on it or next to it you can either:
- view temporary closures and restrictions on our interactive map. Paths that are currently closed are shown in grey hatching, for more information about the closure select the path to view details.
- find out about the Richborough to Canterbury connection closure.
- download the list of permanent traffic regulation orders (PDF, 7.4 MB).
You need a permit to use a car, motorbike or horse drawn vehicle on the following rights of way:
- KH94 Bredhurst
- KH219 Lenham
- MR45A Snodland
- NS245 and NS221, Luddesdown
- RS221 and Chapel Lane (part) Halling (experimental order).
Due to limited resources and restrictions, processing of applications will take longer. Thank you for your patience.