Changing your house or road name

It is the responsibility of your district council to name and number all new developments where you live. This includes:

  • new developments
  • in-fills
  • properties that are divided.

Request a change

You must contact your district council to:

  • name a new road
  • convert a residential or business premises to create a new address
  • change your house name
  • add a house name to your numbered property
  • rename an existing road
  • name an existing unnamed road.

Contact your district council

To find out more about the process and the administration fees, contact your district council: