Apply for a KCC 16+ Travel Saver
Applications for September passes
We are aiming to open for applications in mid-July and will let you know when you can start to apply. This year, we will be unable to receive postal applications, so all applications will need to be made online.
We do not yet know when or how schools or colleges will be reopening safely in September, so we know you have a difficult decision to make about if or when to apply for a pass.
If you are uncertain, you might find it useful to think about:
- how often your child may be attending school or college
- whether it’s more economical to buy a shorter-term or daily ticket
- what guidance might exist about the use of buses
- if bus operators offer alternatives
- whether this scheme will offer you good value for money given the current circumstances.
To apply online you need:
- a laptop, desktop or Mac computer (mobile devices and tablets are not supported)
- a credit or debit card, or your bank details to set up a Direct Debit.
This year, the Direct Debit application process is fully online, so you won't need to send any part of the application through the post.
New applications also require a passport photo which is:
- saved as a JPEG
- no larger than 40KB
- 96 by 134 pixels minimum, 132 by 169 pixels maximum.
Use the online resizing tool to help in your application.