Apply for a KCC 16+ Travel Saver
You needed to apply by 14 July 2019 to get your pass for the start of term in September.
Applying online is the most convenient way to get your KCC 16+ Travel Saver. You can only apply online using a laptop, desktop or Mac computer (mobile devices and tablets are not supported).
The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get and the longer the period available to spread the payments if you are paying by Direct Debit. View an example of Direct Debit instalments.
Before you apply please read:
To apply online you need:
- a laptop, desktop or Mac computer (mobile devices and tablets are not supported)
- a credit or debit card, or your bank details to set up a Direct Debit.
If you choose to set up a Direct Debit you will also need a printer to print and sign the Direct Debit confirmation form.
New applications also require a passport photo which is:
- saved as a JPEG
- no larger than 40KB
- 96 by 134 pixels minimum, 132 by 169 pixels maximum.
Use the online resizing tool to help in your application.
If you need further assistance, read our guide to applying online (PDF, 1.5 MB).
To apply by post you need to:
- print and complete the KCC 16+ Travel Saver application form (PDF, 695.2 KB)
- fill in the Direct Debit part of the form if you want to pay by instalments
- if paying by cheque or postal order make it payable to Kent County Council
- post application form and payment to Freepost KCC TRAVEL SAVERS.
We are aware that some customers who applied by our recommended July deadline and who have opted to pay by Direct Debit instalments still haven’t received their Travel Saver passes. This is due to unforeseen difficulties we have experienced in processing these applications.
We are very sorry about this and we are working hard to make sure students get their passes as soon as possible.
If you have applied for your pass within the past month, it could take up to 28 working days to process your application from the date you applied.
If you have already called or emailed us, we will reply but it could take up to a week to do so while we prioritise getting passes out to schools. We thank you for your patience.
We don't refund fares you pay whilst waiting for the pass to arrive or provide letters or emails to show the driver.