Apply for a KCC 16+ Travel Saver
Applying online is the easiest way to get your KCC 16+ Travel Saver. Apply between 3 June 2019 and 14 July 2019 to get your pass for the start of term in September.
The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get and the longer the period available to spread the payments if you are paying by Direct Debit. View an example of Direct Debit instalments.
Before you apply please read:
Before you apply for your KCC 16+ Travel Saver make sure that you have:
- a credit or debit card or your bank details to set up the Direct Debit
- access to a printer to print and sign the Direct Debit form (you can save the form and print it at a different time)
- a passport photo saved in JPEG format for new applications, no larger than 40KB. Minimum image dimensions are 96 pixels x 134 pixels, maximum dimensions are 132 pixels x 169 pixels. Use the online resizing tool to help in your application.
If you need further assistance, read our guide to applying online (PDF, 1.9 MB).
To apply by post you need to:
- print and complete the KCC 16+ Travel Saver application form (PDF, 695.2 KB)
- fill in the Direct Debit part of the form if you want to pay by instalments
- if paying by cheque or postal order make it payable to Kent County Council
- post application form and payment to Freepost KCC TRAVEL SAVERS.
If you apply after 14 July 2019 you may need to wait up to 28 working days for us to send the pass to your school or college, and it may not be ready to collect at the start of term.
We don't refund fares you pay whilst waiting for the pass to arrive or provide letters or emails to show the driver.