Running your childcare business
We help all early years providers in Kent to carry out all their responsibilities and offer a quality childcare service, including:
- following the early years foundation stage (EYFS)
- keeping children safe
- managing free childcare places (at age 2 and age 3-4) and Tax-Free Childcare
- providing fun and varied activities
- supporting pre-school children who have special needs
- practical training and workforce development
- advertising your job vacancies
- booking rooms at our Childcare Business Hubs for your meetings and events.
To apply for a food licence contact your district council.
You can also log into our directory for childcare providers in Kent to manage your business details.
If you would like support as a childcare provider in Kent, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03000 41 23 23.
National information and support for childcare providers
The Foundation years website offers useful information for all childcare providers, as do the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
You can also find guidance on employing staff for your business at GOV.UK, including recruitment tips and calculating minimum wage.