Weddings and civil partnerships

Ceremonies are currently permitted but with restricted guest numbers.

For more information please visit the Kentish Ceremonies website.

Give notice

Before you can register your marriage or your civil partnership, it is a legal requirement that both of you must give notice of the marriage or civil partnership at your local register office.

For civil partnerships in Kent and Bexley, they can only be registered by a civil partnership registrar appointed by us. You have the option to register your civil partnership at one of our register offices or licensed venues across Kent.

Contact your local register office to make an appointment to give notice.

Arrange and book your ceremony

We can help you arrange a personalised wedding at one our our register offices or licensed venues.

Alternatively, find out more about how to convert your existing civil partnership into a marriage.


Fees are payable for:

  • attendance of registration staff at the ceremony (including a non-refundable booking confirmation fee to guarantee your chosen date and time)

For marriages you will also have to pay for:

  • notice of marriage
  • marriage certificate(s)

For civil partnerships you will also have to pay for:

  • notice of partnership
  • a rehearsal or pre-partnership meeting (optional)
  • civil partnership certificate(s).

View the latest fees and the terms and conditions for marriages and civil partnerships.