Weddings and civil partnerships
From Monday 19 July:
- ceremony attendee numbers will revert to their pre-COVID capacity for your room or venue. This would have been confirmed when you booked, but if you're in any doubt you can check the details on the Kentish Ceremony website or contact your venue.
- ceremony content will be in line with the options available in our Kentish Ceremony Choices Pack. Readings and music will be possible once more.
As many ceremonies will still take place indoors, we expect and recommend that guests wear face coverings, unless exempt, in line with the government advice.
Before you contact us
Due to the unprecedented demand we are experiencing as lockdown restrictions ease, our telephone lines are extremely busy. We are receiving a very high number of calls and emails, so please bear with us and we will reply as soon as we are able to.
We are prioritising existing bookings with ceremonies taking place in the near future. If you are unable to get through via telephone to pay your fee, please be assured that your booking will not be cancelled and we will contact you.
If you do email us about an existing booking, to help us prioritise our enquiries please include in the subject header:
- your ceremony date
- your ceremony location.
Due to the exceptional increased demand for ceremonies, the Kent Registration Service is unable to take any further bookings for the months of July, August, and September. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but have had to ensure we are able to deliver those ceremonies that are already booked.
For those wishing to make a new ceremony enquiry for October onwards please contact us via email. To help us prioritise our enquiries please include in the subject header:
- new booking
- month and year you are hoping to get married.
Contact your local register office to make an appointment to give notice.
Arrange and book your ceremony
Alternatively, find out more about how to convert your existing civil partnership into a marriage.
Fees are payable for:
- attendance of registration staff at the ceremony (including a non-refundable booking confirmation fee to guarantee your chosen date and time)
For marriages you will also have to pay for:
- notice of marriage
- marriage certificate(s)
For civil partnerships you will also have to pay for:
- notice of partnership
- a rehearsal or pre-partnership meeting (optional)
- civil partnership certificate(s).