Marriage and civil partnership certificates
You may need to order multiple copies of a marriage or civil partnership certificate for:
- changing your legal name
- proving your identity
- updating your passport, drivers licence, utility bills
- taxation purposes
- lost marriage certificates.
What we need from you
Here's what we need to order your certificate:
- the date of the wedding or civil partnership
- where the ceremony was held
- your full names, including any previous family names
- tour reason for requesting more certificates
- how many copies you need
- whether you need an extract or a full certificate.
How to apply
The easiest way to request a copy is to apply online.
We'll post your certificate within 5 working days. Certificates cannot be emailed.
If you are unable to apply online, why not telephone 03000 419 300 (open 9am to 4:45pm Monday to Friday and from 10am on Thursdays). Or apply by post.
To apply by post, download an application form and return it to the below address:
- Application form for copies of a marriage certificate (PDF, 858.6 KB).
- Application form for copies of a civil partnership certificate (PDF, 462.6 KB).
The Certificate Centre, Kent County Council, Births, Deaths, Marriages and Partnerships, 39 Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1EP. (The below documents are not accessible to those using assistive technology)
Fees for certificates
- Issued on the day of registration: £11
- Issued after the registration, order processed within 5 working days and sent 2nd class post: £11.
- Express service for certificates issued on the day of application before 3pm and sent 1st class post: £35 (£11 plus £24 express fee).
Certificates can be paid by debit, credit card, or cheque or postal order made payable to Kent County Council