Foreign nationals

Weddings and civil partnerships

If you and/ or your partner are subject to immigration control in the UK and want to get married or register a partnership here, you need to apply for a visa.

You must marry or register a civil partnership within 1 year of receiving your visa or permit.

Kent's designated register office

If either partner is subject to immigration control, you will need to give notice to marry or register a civil partnership with a registrar at a designated office.

There are various designated offices across Kent. To contact an office email or call 03000 41 51 51.

You will need to wait 28 days after giving notice before you can get married. This may be extended to 70 days for Non EEA citizens.