Our workplace mental health commitment
As an employer, we are signed up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment.
The commitment has 6 principles which are to:
- prioritise mental health in the workplace
- create work practices and organisational design to support positive mental health
- promote an open culture around mental health
- improve understanding of mental health issues
- provide mental health tools and support
- increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting.
We have created a mental wellbeing plan based on the 6 standards, which include these focus areas:
- Identify teams where absence due to mental health is high and give managers and employees the right support.
- Continue to raise awareness of and promote positive conversations about mental health.
- Continue to provide training and development.
- Help people find support and continue to improve what support we can offer.
- Support and promote our staff group, The Mental Health Support Network.
- Develop our financial wellbeing support.