Community Alcohol Partnership
Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP) is a partnership between Kent County Council, Kent Police, the Retail of Alcohol Standards Group (RASG), district councils and health boards.
The partnership works with local retailers and licensees, education providers and other local stakeholders to tackle the problem of underage drinking and associated anti-social behaviour.
The partnership promotes responsible attitudes towards alcohol by:
- informing and advising young people about sensible drinking
- supporting retailers to reduce sales of alcohol to underage drinkers
- promoting responsible socialising
- empowering local communities to tackle alcohol related issues.
CAP is part of the Community Alcohol Partnerships model. It recognises that retailers and licensees are part of the solution, and is more effective than traditional enforcement methods alone.
The areas that have CAPs include:
- Herne Bay
- Ramsgate - East Cliff and Central Harbour Wards
- Tunbridge Wells.
If you are interested in setting up a CAP area or want to talk about an existing CAP please email CAP@kent.gov.uk.