Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation
The Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation was developed as part of the NHS Integrated Care Pioneer Programme which ran from 2013 - 2018. The Design and Learning Centre was officially launched in 2016 with the aim of continuing the work completed under the Pioneer Programme, to continue to address the challenges being faced by health and social care.
The focus of our work is to reduce frailty, develop safe new services and transform the health and social care workforce by promoting independence and self-care. This will give the citizen and the care professional confidence that the new solutions are high quality, safe and affordable.
Our current work includes:
- ESTHER model in Kent
- Transforming Integrated Care in the Community (TICC)
- Medication in the community
- Antibiotic prescribing reduction challenge
- Push project
- Room and home for life
The centre provides the opportunity to innovate together and work as a network of local NHS and social sites rather than in isolation.
The Design and Learning Centre is working in partnership with industry, innovators, local academic institutions and our extensive international collaborators who include Denmark, Sweden, Holland, Scotland, USA and Japan.
This Kent-based Design and Learning Centre ultimately sets out to facilitate new ways of working by co-designing and evaluating sustainable solutions to meet the changing needs of a growing population.
- What matters to ESTHER brochure (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- ESTHER - read Colin's story - 'The Journey from Nil by Mouth to Christmas Lunch' (PDF, 532.3 KB)
About Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation
- Read the Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation manifesto (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Read the Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation brochure (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Medication in the community
- Medicine prompt sheet (PDF, 177.4 KB)
- Medicine administration guide (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- My medicine tracker (PDF, 1.9 MB)