Adult safeguarding legislation and guidance
Guidance for Kent and Medway
The Kent and Medway Multi-agency Safeguarding Adults Policy, Protocols and Guidance document has been re-developed to meet and work within the safeguarding adult lawful requirements set out in the Care Act 2014.
In response to the requirements of the Care Act 2014 and our safeguarding responsibilities, all local authorities and their partners are required to review current practice and to determine specific impacts. That is why we have completely reviewed and redeveloped our safeguarding adults policy, procedures and guidance for safeguarding practice.
This document will be reviewed and updated annually.
Consultation of the policy, protocols and guidance document
The Practice Policy and Procedures working group has been working on updating the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy, Procedures and Practitioner Guidance for Kent and Medway.
The working group have considered the changes requested from the consultation in June 2019, and it is expected the final document will be made available in November 2019.
- Adults at risk to adults at risk abuse guidance (PDF, 275.1 KB)
- Allegation management form (DOCX, 47.7 KB)
- Human trafficking and national referral mechanism guidance (PDF, 345.8 KB)
- Kent and Medway multi agency protocol for dealing with cases of domestic abuse to safeguard adults with care and support needs (PDF, 334.6 KB)
- Kent and Medway Multi-Agency escalation policy for adult safeguarding - resolving practitioner differences (PDF, 208.4 KB)
- Mental Capacity Act
- Policy and procedures to support people that self-neglect or demonstrate hoarding behaviour (PDF, 964.2 KB)
- Protocols for Kent and Medway to safeguard adults who are at risk of sexual exploitation, modern slavery and human trafficking (PDF, 446.1 KB)
- Self neglect clutter score (PDF, 115.9 KB)
- Self neglect clutter score guidance - Kent Fire and Rescue Service (PDF, 190.2 KB)
- Solution focused meetings template (DOCX, 61.2 KB)
Other local guidance
- Safeguarding - what happens (PDF, 271.5 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Experience – Our commitment to you (PDF, 171.3 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Experience – Our Commitment to you (easy Read) (PDF, 370.8 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Experience feedback form (PDF, 340.8 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults Experience feedback form (easy read) (PDF, 443.3 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults - guide to what may happen when a safeguarding adult concern is reported (PDF, 247.7 KB)
- Safeguarding Adults - guide to what may happen when a safeguarding adult concern is reported (easy read) (PDF, 540.3 KB)
- Action Counters Terrorism (ACT)
- Care Act 2014 Part 1: factsheets
- Detecting and preventing financial abuse of older adults
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Domestic Violence Crime and Victims Act 2004
- Fraud Act 2006
- Gaining access to an adult suspected to be at risk of neglect or abuse: a guide for social workers and their managers in England
- Handling cases of forced marriage
- Let's talk about it (ltai) - working together to protect terrorism
- Mandatory reporting of Female Genital Mutilation - procedural information
- Pressure ulcers and the interface with a safeguarding enquiry
- PREVENT referral form (DOCX, 245.6 KB)
- PREVENT - channel duty guidance - April 2015
- Sexual Offences Act 2003