Domestic abuse and refuges

Domestic abuse is a crime. There are national organisations to support you if you are going through domestic violence or abuse, whatever your gender, sexual orientation, religion or cultural needs. Their help can include safely planning to leave an abusive partner or violent situation.

Local support services for Kent residents are available through the Domestic Abuse Support Services in Kent and Medway website.

Help during coronavirus

The Kent Integrated Domestic Abuse Service is continuing to deliver remote support to individuals and take new referrals for all services.

If you need support during this time, please read our information guide on who to contact (PDF, 322.8 KB).

Find a refuge

You may need somewhere safe to stay for a short time if you have suffered domestic violence or abuse.

The National Domestic Violence Helpline will be able to tell you where your nearest refuge is that can offer you an appropriate place to stay.

Report abuse

You can report non-emergency cases of abuse to us or to Kent Police. In an emergency or if someone is in immediate danger, call 999.