Home care services
Home care services are provided by care workers to people in their own home, so they can be supported to live independently and can manage activities of daily living.
Home care services are delivered by private companies on our behalf. We arrange these services through home care contracts.
We reviewed and re-let these contracts in 2017, keen to ensure the services provided were of a good quality, were value for money and supported you to live as independently as possible in your own home.
Good home care services should:
- support people to take greater control of their lives by providing them with the skills to maintain a good quality of life
- help people to develop and retain skills to enable them to maintain independent, fulfilling lives for as long as possible
- put the person (and their primary carer or family) at the centre of decisions about how they are supported and cared for
- be provided in such a way that the person feels involved, secure and confident in the care and support delivered to them.
The current home care contracts started on 3 July 2017 and run for 2 years.
Most people who receive a home care service will not be affected by these changes. Where home care agencies change, if your care and support arrangements are affected, we will write to you to explain and advise on the next steps.
If you have a question about the changes or if you would like the information in an alternative format or a different language you can:
- call: 03000 41 61 61 and select option 1 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm)
- text relay: 18001 03000 41 61 61
- email firstname.lastname@example.org