Training for care workers and employers
If you are a personal assistant or care worker or you employ one, there are websites that offer you free training.
- Skills for Care provide a range of useful information for employers and their care workers, including an employing personal assistants toolkit, learning and development guide and information about maintaining an appropriate working relationship.
- The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) provides a range of e-learning resources including Mental Capacity Act, Dementia and Communication Skills.
- acas Learning Online offers a number of employment rights e-learning courses including bullying and harassment, conflict resolution, discipline and grievance, equality and diversity.
- ruilsUK is a YouTube site which offers a range of videos including the role of a personal assistant, health and safety in the home, working with clients with dementia and learning disabilities.
- Kent and Medway Domestic Violence website which has a selection of publications and resources on domestic abuse.