A2500, Lower Road Improvement, Minster
The A2500 Lower Road is an important route between the A249 Sheppey and the east part of the Isle of Sheppey. It is also the primary through route to the 3 prisons on the island.
The proposed improvements will be provided in 2 phases:
- Phase 1 will provide a new roundabout at the junction of Lower Road with Barton Hill Drive
- Phase 2 will improve a 1.1km section of the A2500 Lower Road between the A249 and Barton Hill Drive on the Isle of Sheppey. This will include widening of the road and building a new shared footway/cycleway, supporting future growth and transforming the journey experience for all road users.
Formal scheme approval was made by:
The objectives of the scheme are to:
- provide a new roundabout at Barton Hill Drive
- widen a 1.1km section of the A2500 Lower Road
- provide a new shared footway / cycleway
- ease congestion
- support economic growth.
- Phase 1 – A2500 Lower Road junction with Barton Hill Drive Roundabout – scheme plan (PDF, 542.6 KB)
- Phase 2 – A2500 Lower Road widening – feasibility design (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Design works:
- Construction start:
25 June 2018
- Planned completion:
- Detailed design:
up to November 2018
- Planning works:
December 2018 to February 2019
March 2019 to December 2019