School transport appeals
If you are unhappy with the decision to turn down your application you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the reasons why. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it will not be possible to discuss your refusal over the phone. If you are still unhappy then you have the right to make an appeal.
To make an appeal:
- email email@example.com
- write to Transport Appeals Team, Democratic Services, Room 1.99, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ.
Your email/letter must include:
- your reasons for appealing
- your name and address
- your phone number
- your email address (if you have one)
- your child's name, school and date of birth
- any evidence that supports your appeal (for example, letters from your school, GP or social worker).
We'll write to you to let you know we've received your appeal and to offer you a date for the appeal to be heard by the panel.
You can attend the hearing to put your case to the panel. You don't have to come to the hearing and you may prefer to ask your county councillor to come with you or speak on your behalf.
The decision will be sent to you in writing within 5 working days of the appeal hearing.
If your appeal is unsuccessful you cannot make another appeal for the same child and the same school unless you can prove that your circumstances have changed significantly.