Interfaith working promotes understanding, cooperation and good relations between organisations and people of different faiths and of no faith. This can be done by providing opportunities to link up and work together. You can find out more on the Inter Faith Network website.
Kent is increasingly diverse and with our diversity comes a tapestry of rich traditions, different learnings and understandings of faith and life. We have provided this information in partnership with the Kent Equality Cohesion Council and the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education. We hope it will help:
- develop conversations and networks
- allow important discussions, events and celebrations to take place
- support the aim of increasing community cohesion.
There are a number of events taking place where you can visit different places and find out about different faiths.
If you have an event you would like listed please email PSRPolicy@kent.gov.uk with the details.
Existing forums in Kent include:
- CANDIFA Canterbury and District Inter Faith Action
- Maidstone Inter-Faith Network
- Medway Inter Faith Action Group
- North Kent Council for Interfaith Relations
- Thanet Interfaith
- Thames Gateway Women’s Multifaith Forum.
For more information visit the South East England Faith Forums website.
Faith groups database
We have a database of faith groups in Kent so you can find faith groups and communities in your local area to work together with. If you would like your group to be included in this database register for an account and enter your details.