Interfaith working promotes understanding, cooperation and good relations between organisations and people of different faiths and of no faith. This can be done by providing opportunities to link up and work together. You can find out more on the Inter Faith Network website.
Kent is increasingly diverse and with our diversity comes a tapestry of rich traditions, different learnings and understandings of faith and life. We have provided this information in partnership with the Kent Equality Cohesion Council and the Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education. We hope it will help:
- develop conversations and networks
- allow important discussions, events and celebrations to take place
- support the aim of increasing community cohesion.
As well as different faith groups working together, there are many organisations who would be interested in connecting more with faith groups. These include:
- Kent Fostering - are recruiting new foster carers across the whole of Kent and are open to applications from people of all faiths and backgrounds.
- Kent and Medway NHS - are looking for volunteers for chaplaincy roles.
- Syrian vulnerable person's relocation scheme - request for properties that might be available to the scheme.
There are a number of events taking place where you can visit different places and find out more about different faiths.
If you have an event you would like listed please email PSRPolicy@kent.gov.uk with the details.
Existing forums in Kent include:
- CANDIFA Canterbury and District Inter Faith Action
- Maidstone Inter-Faith Network
- Medway Inter Faith Action Group
- North Kent Council for Interfaith Relations
- Thanet Interfaith
- Thames Gateway Women’s Multifaith Forum.
For more information visit the South East England Faith Forums website.
Faith groups database
We have a database of faith groups in Kent so you can find faith groups and communities in your local area to work together with. If you would like your group to be included in this database register for an account and enter your details.