Sevenoaks Museum is part of Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope (library, museum and art gallery). Visitors can experience:
- displays about local history, including hop picking, cricket, and World War Two
- ancient archaeology and fossil displays
- films about Sevenoaks' past
- object handling and dressing up boxes
- oral history telephone to hear about the lives of a blacksmith, brewer and vet
- games and activity sheets for different ages and abilities.
The museum has the same opening hours as the library.
The museum is fully accessible by wheelchair. There is an oral history telephone to listen to and some objects with braille labels to handle.
Bring your class
Schools visits are welcome. Please contact the curator to discuss the your needs. We have objects that children can handle and activity sheets for trails and observation in the museum.
Study our objects
We have about 3,000 objects, both on display and in our store. These include:
- local archaeology and fossils
- World War 1 and 2 artefacts
- local photographs and paintings
- tools of the blacksmith's, printer's, tailor's and other trade.
To contact the museum call 03000 41 94 56 or email email@example.com.