Order documents and copies
Order documents before a visit
Save time by ordering documents from the Kent History and Library Centre before you visit.
Email us at email@example.com, telling us:
- the finding number of the material using our online catalogue
- the date and time you want to come in and look at the material.
Get copies sent to you
We can send you copies of documents if you can't or don't need to visit the centre.
Use our online catalogue and get the finding number(s) of the document(s) you want.
If you have any questions please call 03000 42 02 15 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can only use copies you make for personal use and research.
The Kent History and Library Centre archive search room offers a copying service. The charges are below:
Staff can provide a printed copy of archive documents, if appropriate, for customers who use the search room. You can make a printed copy of resources (A4 black and white) held in the community history area yourself for 10p.
Printed by staff
- A4 black and white - £1
- A3 black and white - £2
- A4 colour - £2
- A3 colour - £4
We can make digital copies and electronically transfer them to you (or posted on a CD for an additional charge).
- Standard image (size of original up to A2) - £5
- Standard image from a book (size of original up to A2) - first page £5 and £2 per page afterwards if from the same book
- Professional standard image (size of original up to A1) - £14.50
- Professional standard image from a book (size of original up to A1) - first page £14.50 and £5 per page afterwards if from the same book
- Estate map - £10 per map
- Tithe map - £15 per map
Camera licences are £10 a day, or £5 for half a day (morning or afternoon). Check you're allowed to photograph the documents you're interested in before you buy the licence.
Restrictions on copying
We'll let you know if you can't copy something due to data protection, the condition of the material or other reasons.
Permission to publish
If you want to publish or reproduce images please email email@example.com.