Social prescribing service for the health and wellbeing of over 65s
If you are over 65, feeling low, isolated or concerned about a practical life issue then maybe we can help.
Many things in life can make us feel unwell and a medical prescription is not always the answer. Our highly trained local Community Connectors can help you to explore extra services that can support you to improve your health, wellbeing and independence.
Who social prescribing is for
- Folkestone East and Folkestone Harbour
- Shepway North and Shepway South (Maidstone)
- East Cliff and Northwood (Ramsgate)
- Sheerness East and Sheerness West
To check if the service is available where you live put your postcode into our online form.
What social prescribing can do for you
It can help you:
- improve your health and wellbeing
- tackle loneliness
- learn a new skill or participate in a new activity
- increase self-confidence and self esteem
- achieve a better quality of life
- get involved in your community
- take control of a range of situations with support.
We offer one to one appointments with a local Community Connector. They will spend time talking through the issues that matter to you and help come up with solutions, often by linking you to services within your local community. You can attend appointments with your Community Connector by telephone or video call. We hope to be able to offer face to face appointments when COVID restrictions and government guidelines permit.
The form will firstly ask for your postcode and date of birth to confirm you are eligible and the service is available where you live.
Other support you can access
The social prescribing service is only available in a few areas of Kent at the moment. If you are looking for support, but are not eligible, there are other services who may be able to help.
Kent County Council services
- Age UK - provide a wide range of services to help people in later life.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - give free, confidential and impartial advice on a wide range of issues.
- IMAGO - offer a range of services and projects to support independence, reduce social isolation and create opportunities, for some of the most vulnerable in our communities.