Village and Community Hall Grant Scheme
Grants of up to £50,000 are available for local communities to improve an existing hall or build a new hall.
A grant is conditional upon match funding. We can offer a pound for every pound raised, up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Projects supported by the scheme include:
- building an extension
- new halls
- upgrade of toilets
- replacement windows and heating systems
- improved insulation.
Grants are not provided for:
- normal repairs or maintenance work
- replacement of equipment
- professional fees, surveys, reports and investigations.
Grants will be considered for work where deterioration would lead to the eventual closure of the hall.
The scheme is open to any village or community hall managed by an independent management committee set up in accordance with the ACRE Model Constitution.
All applicants must be of registered charitable status. Halls owned or managed by a parish council or church authority are not eligible to apply.
Action for Communities in Rural Kent offer a specialist advice and information service to the volunteers who run and manage community halls.
You must submit:
- a completed application form
- evidence of need such as the outcome of a consultation or letters of support
- evidence of match funding
- detailed plans and specifications
- planning permission and building regulations approval if needed
- three quotes/tenders
- business plan for larger projects.
Grants are normally allocated once a year and applications should be submitted by 31 December. Grants are decided 3 months later.
For an application pack and more information about the scheme please contact Mark Reeves on 03000 41 71 60 or email email@example.com.