Reconnect District Support Fund
The Reconnect District Support Fund is available to benefit children, young people and their families and must support the Reconnect programme's themes and priorities:
- learning missed
- health and happiness
- sport, activities and the outdoors
- friends, family and communities
- economic wellbeing.
Organisations can apply for up to £150 per child or young person, however this can be exceeded in exceptional circumstances.
Requests from schools can be considered, however, we would expect schools to have explored existing school budgets and resources before applying.
The funding can help towards:
- essential costs to support engagement with community activities, for example swimwear, trainers, travel and transport
- support to return to school or college and engagement in learning, training or employment. Including haircuts, uniform, clothing, shoes, pens and school bags
- essential furniture or furnishing items, for example beds and bedding
- engagement costs
- reading and activity books.
The funding cannot help towards:
- any insufficient links to the Reconnect themes and priorities, or where there is no demonstrable benefit for the child or young person
- white goods
- covering debts
- family food shopping
- cigarettes and alcohol
To apply organisations must be working with children, young people and families who live in:
The funding will only be agreed if the child, young person or their family are being supported by our Integrated Children's Services or a partner agency and there is satisfactory evidence of how the funding will support them against the Reconnect themes and priorities.
Children, young people, families and refugees with no other support from public funds can be considered for funding from this limited fund.
Before applying for the funding, other free alternatives and funding streams should be explored wherever possible prior to any expenditure being agreed. This can include:
- Digital Kent
- food banks
- homes essentials in a crisis (KSAS)
- community hubs
- community Facebook groups
- charitable trusts.
There is a different application form for those working in Integrated Children's Services
Applications will close when the funding has been exhausted.
Any businesses who have applied will receive a response within 3 weeks from submission.
If successful, funding will be paid directly to the applying organisation who will be responsible for purchasing the requested items.
For any further enquiries email email@example.com.